Reversible False End Starting Step
A false end starting step would be any stair tread that you wouldn't use to walk up and down a staircase. False end starting steps are used in applications where a volute or turnout is utilized and a full starting step is not needed due to carpeting or other flooring covering the center of a stairway. We can custom make the step to your needs based on measurements that you provide. Includes tread, riser and universal trim. Available in a variety of wood types.
- Reversible false end works for left or right hand steps
- Looks great with a box newel or a pin top newel post and volute
- Used with right hand and left hand volutes or turnouts
- Great for remodeling existing stairways and new construction
- Riser, shoe and cove molding trim included
- Beautiful, unfinished hardwood tread
- End Depth: 13"
- Lenght: 17"
- Tickness: 1-1/16"
- 6-3/4" riser height (can be trimmed to your desired height)
- Overall height: 7-3/4"
- Nosing has a 1 1/2″ overhang
- Ample room for volutes and balusters
- Offers the warm appeal of natural wood
- Designed for interior installation
- Can be finished to match handrail
- Tread is made of real solid wood
- Riser is made of plywood
- Has only one curved finished end
This reversible false end starting step is used to finish the bottom step for use with volute or turnout.
Our hardwood treads are available in a wide variety of species including: Oak, Poplar, Cherry, Maple, Mahogany, Alder and more. Affordable Stair Parts’ lead times are among the fastest on the market. Our normal delivery is within 1 to 2 weeks to ship depending on our queue. Once shipped, orders arrive within the time frame selected on the order form. For pre-finished products and custom finishes, add three days to the above lead times. All in-stock items will be delivered within one to three working days.
**Custom and special orders cannot be changed or cancelled after 24 hours of your order confirmation**
**Exotic Wood merchandise and prefinished products are not returnable**
Our normal return policy does not apply to any “Exotic Wood” purchase. “Exotic Wood” purchases are not returnable for refund or for credit of any kind. Customer must inspect the shipment for correctness, completeness and for any possible shipping damage. Any problems must be reported to us within 48 hrs after receipt of your shipment.
If you can’t find the product you are looking for, need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact our sales team at
(844) 5-STAIRS or e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our stair products, installation or help you place an order.
Customers also viewed