Double End Starting Step
The double end starting step is by far the most popular of the starting steps. It is used at the first step of a stairway when both sides of the stairs are open. Besides the cosmetic appeal, double end starting steps allow the balusters to form a wider, more stable base for the end of the handrail. Handrails that simply end at the post at the foot of the stairs can be less sturdy, even with a thick post. Sizing for a double end tread is based on the throat measurement. However, we can custom make the step to your needs based on measurements that you provide. Includes tread, riser and universal trim. Available in a variety of wood types.
- Standard lengths available: 48", 54", 60" and 72" throat
- Rounded on both ends
- Looks great with a box newel or a pin top newel post and volute
- Tread can be trimmed for shorter lengths
- Used with right hand and left hand volutes or turnouts
- Great for remodeling existing stairways and new construction
- Riser, shoe and cove molding trim included
- Beautiful, unfinished hardwood tread
- End Depth: 13-3/4" diameter
- Tickness: 1-1/16"
- Has a 6-7/8" radius to give ample room for volutes and balusters
- 6-3/4" riser height (can be trimmed to your desired height)
- Overall height: 7-3/4"
- Nosing has a 1 1/2″ overhang
- Offers the warm appeal of natural wood
- Designed for interior installation
- Can be finished to match handrail
- Tread is made of real solid wood
- Riser is made of plywood
- Has only one curved finished end
Note: The throat is the back portion cut out of the step that aligns with your stairs. Other lengths and curves available.
Our hardwood treads are available in a wide variety of species including: Oak, Poplar, Cherry, Maple, Mahogany, Alder and more. Affordable Stair Parts’ lead times are among the fastest on the market. Our normal delivery is within 1 to 2 weeks to ship depending on our queue. Once shipped, orders arrive within the time frame selected on the order form. For pre-finished products and custom finishes, add three days to the above lead times. All in-stock items will be delivered within one to three working days.
**Custom and special orders cannot be changed or cancelled after 24 hours of your order confirmation**
**Exotic Wood merchandise and prefinished products are not returnable**
Our normal return policy does not apply to any “Exotic Wood” purchase. “Exotic Wood” purchases are not returnable for refund or for credit of any kind. Customer must inspect the shipment for correctness, completeness and for any possible shipping damage. Any problems must be reported to us within 48 hrs after receipt of your shipment.
If you can’t find the product you are looking for, need additional assistance or have any questions, please contact our sales team at
(844) 5-STAIRS or e-mail us email@example.com
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our stair products, installation or help you place an order.
Customers also viewed